語言學習 自學泰語 learn Thai language on my own 為何我選擇一開始就學字母

 If you are using learning material from China, they always learn alphabets from the very beginning, no exception or much discussion about it. However, when I'm searching learning advice in Taiwan or English groups, it is always a commonly mentioned question that should you start with alphabet or conversation.

I totally understand people who think learning from conversation is more similar to first language acquisition. However, after I read a lot of experience sharing from people, I thought that Thai alphabet is really a system needing certain time to learn and memorize. It doesn't really take significant shorter time to learn alphabet after learning conversation for a while. If you are avoiding or delaying to learn alphabet system, it seems like you are implying this is difficult for you. But if you don't keep reminding yourself and just do it, you will find that it's not that difficult as you imagine. I just find someone who can speak well but still can't read after learning Thai for 20 years!!!! That's crazy.

And when I'm learning conversation without reading ability, it's very uncomfortable for me, like i'm an iliteracy guy. 5555 So I chose to learn alphabet and conversation at the same time. I roughly used 70% of my time on alphabet and 30% on conversation. If i'm stuck on the rule of alphabet, I would turn to conversation class and relax. When I was learning the vocabulary or phrase, I can review or recall the alphabet and learn it subconsciously.

At last, I want to let you know that don't expect to memorize or understand everything at the first time. That's impossible. I watched every videos for at least twice but I didn't try hard hard to memorize it. I probably would understand 10% of the content first time, and second time 20%, third time 35%. That't the process of how we learn a overwhelming new thing.

Just keep learning. Keep getting input. Read. Listen. Read. Listen. Relax. Read. Listen. Relax. Make friends.

如果是使用中國出品的教學系統,他們都是從字母開始學,我也比較少看到這方面的討論。但是在搜尋台灣或是歐美地區的討論群組時常常看到到底要先學字母還是會話的討論。

我非常理解認為先學會話比較符合自然語言習得過程的想法,先從會話入門比較容易一點,對有些人來說可能較不容易打退堂鼓。但是我自己覺得因為泰文字母系統不像歐美系系統長的都滿像的,確實需要一定時間去學習他,就我的觀察,後學所需要的時間沒有短很多。

先學: 在學會話或單字時可以更理解那個字如何發音

後學: 已經知道單字發音,會有恍然大悟感。有急迫口語交流需求

後學的話,對我來說其實是一直在暗示自己很難很難,我要之後再學,然後再也不會去學(我看到有人已經會說20幾年但是就是學不會寫他覺得此生永遠學不會了超級誇張)。其實真的不會很難。而且只學會話我覺得自己很像文盲不開心哈哈哈

長期學習來看,先學後學沒什麼差別啦~

我是一開始花70%時間在字母30%在會話,還有N多時間在追直播XDDD

拼讀卡在一個地方就放鬆一下學會話

重點是 持續學習 Keep getting input. Read. Listen. Read. Listen. Relax. Read. Listen. Relax. Make friends.  (以上引用自Stephen Krashen演講,好喜歡他,best tutor ever)

學習新語言是一件很開心又幸福的事情,享受過程,讓語言flow through our body,
帶領我們探索更多未知世界的魅力。

留言